What we’re looking for……
We are looking for YOU to help us manage the networks of our numerous South Bay/Silicon Valley clients. We pride ourselves on delivering practical business solutions to our customers and maintaining our reputation for reliable and consistently high-quality service. If you understand that the best way to care for a network is to anticipate problems coming before they happen and proactively prevent them from beginning in the first place then you could be one of our Network Administrators.
We have found that the most successful people possess the following……
- Take absolute pride in the quality of work and attention to details. We’re sticklers in our commitment to customer service and we expect nothing less from each other! As we support our customers businesses we need Network Administrators who understand the importance of being highly responsive. This means all of their assigned clients’ servers have 100% uptime.
- Expert at managing their time while juggling priorities. Always keeping the service coordinator apprised of their whereabouts and project status.
- Like working with servers, workstations, network security, smart phones, monitoring tools and developing new solutions involving Microsoft Exchange, Windows 7, SharePoint, Virtual PCs, Office 2007, and mobility solutions.
- Honor their commitments to our clients – by completing the work correctly the first time – and everytime!.
- Understand the importance of network audits and network security, site documentation, continual monitoring and preventative maintenance of everything in a client’s environment, software patching and support. This means 100% compliance in ensuring all patches and updates are applied.
- LOVE learning new technologies and deploying them.
- Are great communicators – understand how to set clear expectations with clients, share information with their team mates, are in constant contact with our dispatcher, and know that it is key to always be clear and consistent all all forms of communications: email, written, phone messages and face-to-face conversations.
Our expectations of a top-performing Network Administrator are to do the following…..
- Faithfully enter their billable time on each work ticket BEFORE they leave the client site into company ERP software.
- Work efficiently so that a minimum of 6 hours is billable EVERYDAY.
- Ensure ZERO virus and spyware outbreaks and all patches and updates are applied.
- Have or be working toward Microsoft MCP or MCSE certification. Other certifications like CompTIA’s A+ or Network+, Cisco CCNA and 3rd Party Certifications including: HP, Dell, IBM and others – are a big bonus.
- Possess strong experience with: Microsoft Server 2008/2003/2000/NT, Windows XP/Me/NT/9.x/3.1x, Microsoft Office 2010/2007/2003/XP/9x, Exchange 2010/2007/2003/2000/5.x, multiple 3rd party applications, software installation/removal, data backups/restores, antivirus/firewalls/security, Internet/networking/wireless connectivity, remote access, UPSs, print servers and basic printer maintenance and repair.
- Bonus skills include: Microsoft Small Business Server 2008/2003, Windows SharePoint Server, VoIP, Hosting, VMware, Hyper-V, NAS solutions, Apple/Mac, Linux and UNIX are all bonuses.
- Have a very professional work ethic – from dress and appearance to their communication style on the telephone, via email and in-person. Absolutely must be reliable, organized, and punctual. We also want people who are very comfortable communicating with their co-workers and are always happy to jump in and help one another.
- Have strong experience with small and medium-sized business networks, servers, computers, and the Internet. Minimum 3 years server administration/desktop support work history/experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org